Visit with Uncle Ian - 99 years old!

  We visited Uncle Ian on the way into Ottawa. He is 99 years old and still living in his own place.  Thanks for the lovely visit Ian!



He gave us a Metal Detector and hiking poles. 

After the visit we left to go to Brittania Beach. Ontario-o-ians, you are so lucky to have so many swimming spots! We are so deprived in Calgary we feel obligated to jump into any likely water body on our way. This one had a very clean beach, lots of space, beach volleyball nets, a lifeguard - and was right in town. The water was very refreshing.



Birds n' Mammals


We saw another black bear in the Lake Superior campsite. It was going through the toilet bag of the camper across from us, he was bike camping so had no car to protect his possessions. We clapped at the bear and he dropped the toothpaste and moseyed to the tent, pawing around it. The man in it stirred and the bear jumped away and left. All this time I've been hearing about keeping your toiletries secured against bears - I doubted it but I'm hear to say it is true!

  

500 year old drawing of a sea monster and snake at Algoma Petroglyphs



Another Monarch Butterfly

Comments

  1. I always wondered that too about the toothpaste. Hard to believe I can smell it when it's closed inside the tube.?
    I hate to get all scientific on you but I'm kind of thinking just because it found the toiletries bag and the toothpaste does not necessarily imply but a bear would be attracted to your tent because toothpaste is inside who knows

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bear did seem hesitant around the tent, but it did sniff it.

      Delete
  2. Wow, nice you got to see Ian!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I played beach v-ball there! Uncle Ian looks great and I bet he is as sharp as ever.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Alberta Out-bound

Grand Beach - A Beach and many creatures

Regina - A Queen with a Lake, Cupcakes and Owls