Elsa's birding life list is at 97! We stopped at Kinbrook Provincial Park, our last night in Alberta for a while. It is teeming with birds and she racked up a large number. The birds and the parkland setting make it a very pleasant stop. There is one bird - the Mourning Dove - that is cooing all day and all night. It sings the same refrain over and over. I remember when we camped there a long time ago with Melissa and Steve and their boys. Melissa was kept up all night by the Mourning Dove. "I'm going find that bird and I'm going to wring it's neck!" I can recall her saying at breakfast. Elsa was imitating it and then pretending to be a Mourning Dove that goes off in a different song. She was cracking me up, birding humour I guess. It really does stick to the same little ditty. The other sound heard at Kinbrook is screaming. The kids at the beach are always screeching away, and then you paddle away an...
Grand Beach is an endless stretch of white sand a couple hours from Winnipeg. It is glorious! Who needs Hawaii or Mexico for beaches when we have this! The lake is so big you can't even see the other side, it might as well be the ocean. The water is a great temperature for swimming and it has a sandy bottom everywhere. We spent a couple days swimming and paddle boarding here. Here is a round-up of all the creatures we saw at the Grand Beach Campsite Frogs There are frogs everywhere in the wooded campsite. There are tiny ones and large ones, not many in between sizes (teens?). I have no experience with frogs, you don't see many in Alberta. We were amazed by them! We would stand watching until they jumped. Here is my picture of a jumping frog. There was probably someone shaking their head at me taking videos of frogs. It's like the tourists I see going nuts over gophers. One lady was pointing at a gopher, she had a huge smile and said "Look!". I saw the go...
Modelling in front of the Saskatchewan Legislative Building The models have lunch. Did you know the city of Regina has a large lake smack dab in the middle of it? Wascana Lake is a picturesque oasis with fountains, pelicans and large leafy trees lining it. A 10 kilometer walkway goes all the way around it. Many people use the walkway, including numerous men on bikes blasting their speakers, advertising their vibe to uninterested bystanders. A pet peeve of mine (#398). Wanting a sampling of a Regina neighbourhood, we went to one called "Cathedral". It has wonderful heritage houses and elm tree lined streets. It is an arty neighbourhood, this translates to colourful murals and eclectic stores. There would be a high priced coffee shop next to a boarded up adult video store, and you know that's been left a long time! We went in the 'Sinfully Sweet Cathedral' bakery. They have a cupcake for every sin. I didn't manage to ge...
Can I join your tribe?😆
ReplyDeleteYes you may
ReplyDelete